Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hello Blogging World...I'm BACK!

I've missed blogging. I find it really helps me to write things down (or type them).

So I read a post that Aimee wrote about missing when Hailey was a baby....and it made me think about how even though Colin is only 3 months, I'm already feeling a little bit of the same way. Granted Haily is a lot older than Colin and I'm sure Aimee feels it more than me....but my issue is- since birth Colin needed me to rock him to sleep...so that's what I did. Some days he would wake as soon as I put him down....so those days I literally spent all day in my glider almost. I hated it..... about 2 weeks ago, Colin stopped letting me rock him to sleep....in fact as soon as I even put him in a rocking like position he screams bloody murder. For him to take his nap and for night night, I put him in his Amby Bed and pat the bottom of it while he sucks his pacifier. It's a lot easier than the hours I used to spend rocking him because I can leave the room as soon as he calms down and he'll "suck" himself to sleep lol so you think I'd be happy right??? Wrong lol. I miss rocking him. I feel like those were special times and they're gone forever. I know I'm being a little dramatic here.... but still.
The whole situation has inspired me to try and live for the moment and appreciate the stage that Colin is in....even if it's major fuss bucket and sometimes I think I'm going to go crazy.... because one day it'll all be over and I know I'll miss it then.

1 comment:

  1. YES! i am so glad you are blogging again too!! :) :) this will be fun!!

    ReplyDelete