Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Woes

So I know the holidays are supposed to be the happiest time of the year....but please allow me to whine a little....

Apparently Colin didn't get the memo that holidays are fun. He was absolutley miserable 95 % of the day. He wouldn't let anyone hold him without screaming after 45 seconds and he refused to be put down. Rob and I spent our whole day passing him back and forth to give our arms a break. With all the excitement of having people everywhere and being in a new place, he also refused to sleep....so he was extremely cranky. Cranky baby that refuses to be put down or held by anyone other than parents = cranky mommy and daddy. To top it all off, Rob broke his toe so he had that to deal with.

It sucked. Big time. So bad in fact that I am dreading Christmas. I might refuse to go. The way I see it, no one will miss us anyway because Colin was such a butt that no one even liked him lol. Even his grandma gave up on him.

Having a baby is a pretty lonely job sometimes, I think.

1 comment:

  1. ugh. i wrote a comment, but i don't know where it went. i am sorry that it was so rough. the first holidays are really rough because he's so little and it's all new to you and him, too. it will get better each time. i promise!

    ReplyDelete